You’ve made the decision to replace the old leaky windows in your home with new, energy-efficient vinyl windows. That’s a great first step! Now comes the part where many other decisions need to be made when selecting the right style of window.
1. Consider the design style of your home when choosing your windows, so that they complement the architecture of the building. Your old windows might give you a clue as to what works or what doesn’t work. It also helps to take a drive around your neighbourhood to get some inspiration.
2. Looking good from the outside is just as important as looking good from the inside. Your windows could be merely functional, or they could also be the focal point in your home. Consider the view when choosing your window style. A picturesque garden or a great water view might be good reason for a picture window to give you unobstructed views while bringing the outside in.
3. One of the main purposes of your home’s windows is to provide ventilation. How important this is for you might dictate the style of window you select. Should the windows be fixed or operable, or perhaps a combination of both?
4. Safety is another factor to think about. Casement windows that open outwards offer great ventilation and adjustability but may not be suitable for certain locations, such as a busy walkway. Similarly, your windows should factor into your family’s fire escape plan. In an emergency, your windows may need to function as exits.
5. Lastly, the versatility of design in vinyl windows also means that there is something to suit all budgets. It’s best to talk it through with a windows specialist to decide what is important to you and where you can splurge or make savings according to your needs and preferences.
When you’re ready to take the plunge, call First Response Glass for a no-obligation quote and to tap into our expertise on the various things to consider that are specific to you and your home.